The state has sought the central government's opinion for slapping a charge of homicide on cultprits of female foeticide.
Commenting upon the state's decision, Aamir Wednesday told reporters: "I FEEL female foeticide is an overly serious issue. And if it continues how it is, it'll worsen. I'M so happy that Maharashtra government is likely to propose this."
He added: "I WOULD LIKE so as to add here that abortion is legal and it is going to be. I'M pro choice for ladies. But female foeticide, after we discover the sex and kill the lady child, should finish and really severe punishment must be given."
According to 2011 Census, the velocity at which the unborn female offspring is killed amounts to killing off 10, 00, 000 girls a year. As a result, the ratio between boys and girls have been affected. The 2011 census revealed that there have been 914 girls for each 1, 000 boys.
The maiden episode of Aamir Khan's first television show "Satyamev Jayate" handled the sensitive topic of female foeticide and bias toward the male child.
Now the show is coming to an end and Aamir is content with the response to the show that has cited other social issues reminiscent of dowry, malpractices within the medical profession and child sex abuse.
"I am happy that individuals are connecting emotionally with the show. My team and that i like that we have got reached people's hearts and feature churned ideas. There are such a large amount of things that are hidden they usually have to be brought out within the public light. This stuff must be discussed that allows you to be dealt with, " he said.
The actor may return with the part two of "Satyamev Jayate".