Wednesday, July 11, 2012

`Street dancer` Remo is Mad about Mads

`Street dancer` Remo is Mad about Mads
Choreographer-director Remo D'Souza is on a high. His latest film is about for release, and he's happy to be with Madhuri Dixit for the second one season of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa on Colors

“My film may be a treat for dance lovers, ” he says. In between shots, he talks to CS about Madhuri Dixit, rain dances and his tattoos:"

Mad about Mads I am an enormous fan of Madhuri Dixit. I BELIEVE I USED TO BE at school after I first saw her in Ek Do Teen from Tezaab. From Chane Ke Khet Mein (Anjaam) to Maar Dala (Devdas), I WILL watch any of her dances any choice of times.

The roughly expression and charm that Madhuri possesses isn't there in anyone else. She’s the actual dancing diva. I'D cherish to do a movie together with her. My expertise is street dance, and that i wish to make her do hip hop in torn jeans, jackets and chains.

I haven't any doubt that she’ll be pretty much as good in hip-hop as she is in Kathak. However, my favourite form is Latin American ballroom dancing. It's only two people dancing on stage and also you get to look the real chemistry between two dancers. It’s simply divine!

Dancing within the rain In rain songs, my favourites are Aaj Phir Tumpe Pyaar Aaya Hai from Dayavan. Madhuri Dixit and Vinod Khanna’s chemistry is sizzling. Then, we now have Kaate Nahi Kat Tey from Mr India that has another fabulous dancer, Sridevi.

Lastly, I LIKE Tip Tip Barsa Paani from Mohra, that's an unforgettable number. I BELIEVE that with the fashion of the 80s masala movies coming back to the forefront, we will be able to get to peer some rain dances pretty soon.

Step to success I am more than happy to look that choreography or dance direction today is a respected profession. Once I started out, no parent felt that dancing was a career of any kind.

Many parents bring their kids to me and express the need of seeing their children as choreographers. It’s nice to peer parents recognising future talent.

But I NEED to inform everyone aspirant that arduous work and patience are of prime importance in a dancer’s life. You must work ten times harder than in some other profession. And success doesn’t come easily to everyone.

Tattoo talk There was this tattoo of Michael Jackson on my arm since a very long time. Recently, I got a Buddha face done. I also plan to get Lords Ganpati and Shiva tattooed on my arm in conjunction with my parents’ names. The pain is addictive!

Courtesy: Mid-Day.com