Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Amrita Puri graduates to lead role with `Blood Money`

Amrita Puri graduates to lead role with `Blood Money`After playing a plain Jane in 'Aisha', actress Amrita Puri is prepared to make a comeback of varieties with 'Blood Money' so one can see her portraying the role of a modern girl.

The petite star had disappeared after wowing critics together with her small role within the chick-flick but she is excited to have graduated to guide role within the Bhatts' latest outing.

"I needed to work really hard to damage people perceptions after 'Aisha'. I DETERMINED to attend some time rather than continuing with acting. On this industry you get stereotyped very soon. I USED TO BE getting similar roles post 'Aisha'. So, I MADE UP MY MIND to attend for a greater offer and it paid off once I was approached for 'Blood Money'," Amrita told.

When it came to acting, the actress said she really desired to be certain that about her next movie assignment. "I ACTUALLY wanted something which was meaty and inventive. I'M being picky about my roles. It was almost a year after 'Aisha' that I consented to do 'Blood Money'. It wasn't as though I USED TO BE looking only at leading roles but then it needed to live as much as the factors that I had set for myself after 'Aisha'."

'Blood Money' provided her a platform to move solo opposite Kunal Khemu. However, Amrita was initially reluctant to step into the role because Bhatt's leading ladies are known for his or her liberal skin show.

"When I USED TO BE told that I needed to play an easy girl, I ASSUMED of giving it a shot. I said to myself - 'What's the harm in auditioning on the least'. I went there and gave the audition. Once done, I came back home without expecting any call from them. However, I heard from them the very next day and was signed there and then."