Tuesday, December 4, 2012

It`s fun taking risks in career: Kareeena Kapoor

It`s fun taking risks in career: Kareeena Kapoor
From her debut with the 2000 film 'Refugee' to her latest release 'Talaash', Kareena Kapoor has come some distance in her decade-long career

The actress says she picks other kinds of roles as she prefers taking risks on the subject of choosing films. Be it a 'masala' film like 'Bodyguard' or a women-centric movie like 'Heroine', Kareena has all of it in her kitty.

The 32-year-old Bollywood A-lister says it's her duty as an actress to dole out numerous films for her fans. "IT'S THE duty of an actor to try and pick up different roles, be somewhat brave concerning the whole thing.

Sometimes films will work and often they will not. It's fun taking risks. I SIMPLY CANNOT just keep looking pretty and doing a song-and-dance film," Kareena told in an interview. The actress said people had asked her to not play Riana Briganza in Shakun Batra's 'Ekk Main Aur Ekk Tu' earlier this year, because the film was slightly unconventional.

"When I USED TO BE doing 'Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu', everyone said it's slightly non-commercial, because the boy doesn't get the woman in any case. I only did the film because people were saying that. I told Shakun that in the event you change the top of this movie, I AM NOT doing it.

That was me. I WISHED to do Riana Briganza and wanted my year to finish with something totally bizarre like 'Talaash'. I'm proud of both," said Kareena. This year have been quite colourful for Kareena.

While in Aamir Khan starrer 'Talaash' she played the spirit of a prostitute, Madhur Bhandarkar's 'Heroine' had her star as a Bollywood actress. Kareena also turned out as an ISI agent in 'Agent Vinod' and can be next seen in a item number in 'Dabangg 2'.

"I always attempt to balance the mass-oriented films with the opposite kinds. My fans like to see me in commercial stuff as well, for that there's the item song 'Fevicol se' that I'VE done for 'Dabangg 2'.

"It's nice to do a job like Rosie in Talaash, who's so sensitive, and then something like this song. People should see that i'm looking to do various things and never just confidently doing my very own thing or repeating the same," she said.

Courtesy: Mid-Day.com