Monday, December 3, 2012

`My sons should arise on their merit`

`My sons should come up on their merit`
The actor says both his sons - Imaad and Vivaan - should find their feet within the film industry on their own

In Bollywood, it is a common practice amongst established names to assist launch their youngsters. But Naseeruddin Shah isn't one in every of them. The veteran actor believes that his children must undergo the predictable grind to make a spot for themselves within the crowd.

Naseeruddin, who recently announced that he is taking a sabbatical from films, has whole-heartedly shifted his attention to his past love: theatre. Interestingly, all his kids also are active at the stage but in addition dabble in cinema.

On being asked about his thoughts on his kids following his footsteps, the 62-year-old states, `I'm glad that they're doing something that is very with regards to my heart. It wasn't me who goaded them to take this path. They selected it all alone so I'm happy witI WILLm. But I can let you know from my experience that camera is a cruel friend. It either likes you or it doesn't.`

The thespian's elder son Imaad, who has acted in numerous films, will next be seen in Mira Nair's upcoming international project in addition to Q's (Qaushiq Mukherjee of Gandu fame) Bengali film. He's an aspiring musician too. Vivaan, who received critical appreciation for his work in 7 Khoon Maaf, is yet first of all his second film.

He was slated to co-star Priyanka Chopra again in Vishal Bhardwaj's forthcoming project however the plan is yet to take off. However, the 22-year-old is enjoying stage shows on a standard basis.

So exactly why doesn't Naseersaab go ahead and launch his kids? Well, it is a matter of principle. `Unlike others, I WOULD NOT launch them because firstly, I HAVEN'T GOT the cash required to take action and secondly, even though I had, I WOULD NOT. They need to arise at the merit in their calibre. There are stuff you learn the hard way as an actor!`

Courtesy: Mid-Day.com