Thursday, August 23, 2012

Bhansali Gets Farah Totally free

Bhansali Gets Farah For Free
By Subhash K Jha

Farah Khan unwittingly lets out that she has done Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi for free.

`No money have been discussed. No contract has ben drawn up. Sanjay and that i are only working together because we're friends. He was so encouraging. I USED TO BE scared to take a look at myself at the monitor.

Sanjay would drag me to look the rushes. In truth once I saw the entire film recently I rushed to a doctor's clinic for a tummy tuck. I looked so fat! At 3pm the trial ended. At 4pm I USED TO BE on the doctor's clinic.

And now when he says I've given an excellent performance in Shirin Farhad ...I THINK like one in all his heroines, right up there with Manisha Koirala, Madhu Dixit and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. If it's an acting assignment from Sanjay Bhansali, I DO NOT mind. If he wants me to do Ram Leela I'M game. Is the heroine's post still vacant? `

At the instant Farah is neckdeep in her promotions of her new film Shirin Farah Ki Toh Nikal Padi. As we spoke she received a decision from her producer Sanjay Leela Bhansali that there can be a preview of the film on Thursday evening.

Harrowed with overwork Farah cribs, `We weren't speculated to have a preview screening. Now I suddenly have 24 hours' notice from my dear producer to ask all my friends. IT'S NOT THAT I AM even in Mumbai. Who will come at the sort of short notice? And i have nothing to wear.

I am expected to modify 3 times an afternoon for 3 events, otherwise the media will print 'same-to-same' pictures. I'M also, for some strange reason expected to accomplish dance steps at events to advertise my film. But you recognize what? I'd do anything for Sanjay and the film. `

Farah has also done a cameo in her husband Shirish Kunder's Joker. `And as luck would have it, Joker is releasing per week after Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi. So I'm promoting my very own film and my husband's film. That too is my very own baby, no? `

In Joker Farah plays herself. `I play choreographer Farah Khan who involves the fictitious town of Pagalpur to shoot a song. I've played myself earlier in my very own Main Hoon Na in a single shot with the end-titles and in addition in Milap Jhaveri's Jaane Kahan Se Aayee Hai.

Technically that is not acting. So all of the awards' jury who would wish to disqualify me for the most productive debutante's award, please note Shirin Farhad...is my actual acting debut. `

It could also be prone to be Farah's only acting assignment. `No more acting for me. I DO NOT see myself flooded with acting offers. I DO NOT see producers running after me with fat signing amounts.

Nor do I see myself lathering myself with Lux beauty soap in a bathtub tub after my film releases.Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi goes to be my only film as an actress. I've an excessive amount of at the plate to offer time to acting.

My three kids need me greater than anyone else. Each time I've to wrench myself away my children for shooting my heart breaks. Luckily I'M taking them with me to Hyderbad once I shoot the Himmatwala song. `