Monday, August 27, 2012

Industry, fans warmer to me than before: Shiney Ahuja

Industry, fans warmer to me than before: Shiney Ahuja
Shiney Ahuja is calmer and introspective after his unforeseen tryst behind the bars - and that is the reason for the reason that actor strongly believes in learning out of all bitter and sweet experiences. The only positive thing in his tough phase, he says, have been the expansion within the warmth of the industry members and his fans towards him.

One would think his fraternity and fans would became averse to his popularity, especially after he was hounded by accusations of rape, but Shiney says "there is a lot of heat and love".

"Irrespective of what have been sometimes reported or said, whenever I'VE gone amongst people, their reactions has been pretty much the similar that was earlier. Now, in fact, there's a relationship that they feel they have got with me," Shiney told in a candid interview.

"There is such a lot of heat and love. They (fans) keep saying they're looking ahead to me to come in another great film and searching forward to a different great performance. These are the type of things I AM GETTING to hear," he added.

Shiney was arrested in June 2009 following charges of rape, wrongful confinement and criminal intimidation levelled by his maid, charges he denied. He spent nearly five months behind bars.

In March 30, 2011, he was sentenced to seven years' imprisonment by a Mumbai fast track court, but he challenged the sentence within the Bombay High Court. He's currently on bail and facing on a daily basis with a grin. His confidence seems a tad dented, but he doesn't shy away from the media - only he's more careful about selecting the proper words.

The actor is now practicing resurrecting his Bollywood career. And he says his friends within the film industry has been extremely supportive to assist him regain his stand.

"The perception could be very different for those that know you as an individual. For them you're a person and never a product. So individuals who know me, they think in me; so that is the reason there's no change of their perception in any respect. In fact, now there's a lot more warmth which wasn't there earlier," the 38 year-old said.

"I feel I'M very fortunate because I'VE some good friends like Sudhir Mishra and Anurag Basu from the film industry who've encouraged me up to now in addition. I AM HOPING I WILL continue to provide in my best," he added.

Whatever the obstacles in life may be, it is very important learn the most efficient out of them, believes the actor, who tasted success with films like "Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi", "Khoya Khoya Chand", "Gangster" and "Life... In A Metro".

"I think there are incidents or accidents that happen in everybody's life in some or the opposite direction. Otherwise also sometimes things happen which aren't in our control, but what we take out of that have is actually in our control," he said.

"So my constant search and my constant endeavour within the entire phase of my life is to take something greater than what I'VE given to this particular experience or time," he added.

Last seen in "Ghost", Shiney is now waiting for the discharge of "Har Pal" and "Ek Accident". He's also reading a large number of scripts.

"I was reading a large number of scripts lately. And just keeping myself on toes simply to decide what I WOULD LIKE to absorb next," he added.