Wednesday, August 29, 2012

IT'S NOT THAT I AM gender-biased: Madhur Bhandarkar

Home > Bollywood > Titbits
I am not gender-biased: Madhur Bhandarkar
Madhur Bhandarkar is popular for making women-oriented films like "Chandni Bar", "Page 3" and "Fashion" and the filmmaker clarifies that this does not imply he's gender-biased and says his only aim is to make good movies.

"For me, it is rather essential to make an excellent film, which garners success and demanding acclaim. National Awards definitely come later," said Bhandarkar.

"I am never gender-biased. I'D agree that the ratio of female actresses is more in my films and that is the reason why people think I make only women-oriented films but that is not the case.

All of it is dependent upon what I REALLY LIKE at that time," he added.

Bhandarkar's films haven't only helped him carve a distinct segment for himself, additionally they became turning point in female actresses' career -- be it Tabu in "Chandni Bar" or Priyanka Chopra in "Fashion", both the actresses won National Award for his or her performances of their respective films.

Now the filmmaker able to share another story within the type of "Heroine", which has Kareena Kapoor within the lead. It releases Sep 21.