Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Changes in Bollywood here to stick: Karan Johar

Changes in Bollywood here to stay: Karan Johar
Filmmaker Karan Johar, who have been part of Bollywood for 18 years, backs corporatisation of the industry and believes the positive changes it has caused are "here to stay".

"There have been such a lot change. The work ethics, the working style, the atmosphere, the system... I FEEL we finally have a way of corporatisation, a way of structure and discipline. This stuff have worked their option to the entertainment business and are here to stay," Karan told.

Having entered the industry as an assistant diretor, Karan made his directorial debut with "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai" in 1998. He went directly to make hit films like "Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham", "Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna" and "My Name is Khan".

His last directorial was the youthful "Student Of The Year". The 40-year-old firmly believes a filmmaker's movie reflects who he really is.

"I think you are making the flicks that you are all about. So in case you are relevant and intelligent and creative, you be able to do all of that during( the film too)," he said.

Karan delivered three successful productions this year - "Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu", "Agneepath" and "Student of the Year" - and he's content.

"It have been an incredible year. To have a 3 on three record is usually a super thing. To achieve success in everything that you've got ever attempted is something which we're more than happy about," he said.

"We feel very validated and grateful to the audience and to the folks who've believed in us," he added.

Having launched such a lot of young talents into the industry, Karan is deeply attached to every one in every of them and almost treats them as family.

"I feel that each one the primary time directors and actors who've been launched by Dharma Productions are family members and my kids. So when their work comes, I BELIEVE like I'VE gone to a concert with my child and that i hope that everybody gives them an applause," he said.

Talking about his future plans, he said: "Nothing was structured or fructified these days. I'M on my method to make my annual trip just to roughly feel creative and go and write what I NEED to make next. (But) Nothing concrete as of now."