Monday, November 26, 2012

Oh No! Ra.Two after Ra.One?

Home > Bollywood > Titbits

Monday, November 26, 2012

Oh No! Ra.Two after Ra.One?
SRK claims he shall continue to do films he believes in, irrespective of what others must say about them

Although his last offering successfully rode at the Diwali wave, it got mixed critical reviews. But Shah Rukh Khan says he chooses films not only for the sake of prosperity and posterity. King Khan needs something more - belief within the director and the crew considering a project.

Over the past few years, after doing films equivalent to My Name is Khan, Don and Ra.One, King Khan is back to his favourite genre - romance - with Jab Tak Hai Jaan. However, the actor maintains that he usually chooses his movies on impulse but doesn't take his job or stardom for granted.

`I totally love the folk related to a movie. I remember when Ashutosh (Gowariker) came to me with Swades, I USED TO BE keener on doing Jodhaa Akbar but he asked me to be a part of this film as he desired to dedicate it to his father. I instantly agreed. After all, he's certainly one of my earliest friends from the industry and that i believed in his vision for Mohan Bharghav,` he reminisces.

A similar backdrop resonated along with his decision to make Chak De! `My dad loved hockey and that i played the game rather well too. So, although I needed to sport a beard, with a dozen unknown girls and no songs to lip-sync, I agreed to the theory. It turned out to be wonderful.`

When asked whether there'll be a sequel to his first big screen superhero venture - which was a commercial setback for him - SRK sounds rather optimistic. `I won't rule out the chance because Ra.One could become a franchise ultimately. We'd call the second one film Ra.Two or something but we do not have a script yet so we'll must hold directly to our thoughts here,` sums up the actor-producer.