Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I`m not in Aamir`s league: Rani

I`m not in Aamir`s league: Rani
Actress Rani Mukherjee has said that she wouldn't dare to think herself in Aamir Khan's league.

Promoting her upcoming film 'Talaash', which has Aamir within the lead, Rani said, "Aamir is simply too huge a star, so taking my name in conjunction with him, isn't fair. I WOULD NOT dare to think myself in his league or believe am like him."

Director-actor-writer-producer Farhan Akhtar and director Reema Kagti accompanied Rani for the Kolkata leg of the Talaash promotion on Monday.

Farhan Akhtar, who directed Aamir khan 11 years ago within the film 'Dil Chahta Hai', said,"It is strange because although 11 years have passed since Dil Chahta Hai, it looks like it happened yesterday."

The plot of Talaash, which hits theaters on November 30, have been kept meticulously under wraps.

Said Reema, "YOU RECOGNIZE if I let you know the story, I WOULD NOT live to peer the discharge. The entire producers would shoot me dead. The part of surprise plays a large part within the film. And if I inform you something, it might greatly hamper your watching of the film, so I'M doing you a favour."

Rani Mukherjee, the lead actress of 'Talaash', had acted with Aamir within the film 'Ghulam' on the very onset of her career.

"When I worked with Aamir in 'Ghulam' I USED TO BE just 17-18 years of age. In school, I REALLY had a crush on him, so working with him made me very nervous as you'll understand. I used to have a look at his shoes in preference to his eyes when he sang 'Ankhon se tune yeh kya kar diya'. I LOVE Aamir and feature learnt such a lot from him," said Rani.

"There was such a lot to be informed from him once I was a newcomer, even after spending such a lot time within the industry, I still feel there may be such a lot to be informed from him. I BELIEVE am too small an actor to seem into his journey, but as a fan, I BELIEVE he has grown strength to strength," she added.

On being questioned in regards to the working experience with perfectionist Aamir, Reema said,"I think we were very very obsessed with our work."

Speaking on her character, Rani said,"I seem like Farhan within the film (laughs). On a significant note I WILL NOT speak much as Reema wants the audience to find. There's a lot within the character that should be discovered. It is an overly emotional role."

Rebuffing the rumours on being connected to the film 'Kahani' or re-shooting the ending of the film 'Talaash', Reema added," You cannot compare people (her and Zoya Akhtar), who've done one film, to the legendary duo Salim and Javed, who've had 20 blockbusters. It is rather flattering to us but absolutely insulting to them."

On being asked whon they were searching (Talaash) for at the moment, Reema said, "SUCCESSFUL and a protracted vacation."

"I have a talaash (seek for) a fair and fascinating character," Rani said.

Farhan said, "Mujhe talaash hai jo inse kam cheesy answer de (I seek for somebody who answers in a less cheesy manner than Reema and Rani)."

Rani, who was for the primary time directed by a women director, denies the truth that direction has something to do with gender.

"When there's a women writer, it makes numerous difference to the script because there are particular nuances and specifics of the character, that may be a bit different when male writers do it," she said,