Monday, November 26, 2012

I never checked out Aamir`s eyes, feared falling in love: Rani

I never looked at Aamir`s eyes, feared falling in love: Rani
There was a time when Rani Mukerji did not have the courage to appear" into Aamir Khan's eyes" and now could be a time when she "keeps gazing into his eyes until he asks me not to".

They worked together for the primary time in 1998 release "Ghulam". At the moment Rani was a newcomer and Aamir was already a celebrity with hits like "Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak", "Dil" and "Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander" to his credit.

After hit film "Ghulam", Rani-Aamir came together on screen after seven years for the not-so-successful historical drama "Mangal Pandey" and now they are going to be seen as a pair in forthcoming thriller "Talaash", their third film in 14 years.

Reminiscing her experience at the sets of "Ghulam", Rani said: "ONCE I did my first film with him, I used to have a look at his shoes as I WAS all tensed and nervous. I USED TO BE an enormous Aamir Khan fan. I had a crush on him. When I had seen QSQT ('Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak'), I USED TO BE in school."

"I was very nervous while doing a romantic scene with him. I MIGHT take a look at his shoes because I COULD NOT check out his eyes because I feared I MIGHT fall in love with him," she said in a bunch interview.

"Now I GLANCE into his eyes. I keep gazing into his eyes until he asks me not to," added the actress who did a different appearance in Aamir-starrer "Mann".

The two enjoy an even friendship off the screen and Rani hopes it's for lifetime.

"Over the years, Aamir and i've built a friendship which, I WANT to believe, is for all times. I WANT to believe that I'LL BE attending his 80th birthday also," she said.

Rani, 34, is all praises for Aamir, 47.

"He was a superstar after I did my first film with him and he's a bigger superstar even now. His focus, dedication and sincerity towards his craft, his approach towards filmmaking, performance and character, has become greater and larger with time," she said.

"Talaash", directed by Reema Kagti, is hitting theatres Nov 30.