Friday, November 30, 2012

When Dalai Lama blessed Sonam and Anil Kapoor

Home > Bollywood > Titbits

Friday, November 30, 2012

When Dalai Lama blessed Sonam and Anil Kapoor
Bollywood actor Anil Kapoor says he was blessed by the Dalai Lama -- during a possibility meeting on an airplane.

Anil mentioned his meeting with the Tibetan spiritual leader at the sidelines of an event at the occasion of worldwide Compassion Day Wednesday.

"I met him a few years ago on a flight. I USED TO BE dealing with one among my scripts and that i was preparing for my role and the role required me to be kind, tolerant of religions and exceptionally compassionate.

"I was reading my script and preparing, I just looked up and that i saw a couple of monks sitting in front of. In the middle of them, I saw the Dalai Lama, " the 52-year-old actor said here.

"I thought I will not miss the chance. So I went as much as him, knelt down and said 'Sir, please give me your blessings and please sign the script'. And of course, he readily obliged."

At the development Wednesday, the Dalai Lama spoke at the importance of non-violence and vegetarianism.