Friday, November 30, 2012

Don`t call females a prop: Asin

Don`t call females a prop: Asin
Bollywood actress Asin says it's unfair to name anyone, not to mention a heroine, a prop in a male-oriented film. She says regardless of the role may be, a heroine plays an element only she will essay in a movie.

"I do not believe anybody is a prop (in a movie.) You want a feminine protagonist and only she will do the role. So it isn't particularly reasonable to name anybody a prop," Asin told.

After making her mark within the southern film industry, Asin made her Bollywood debut with "Ghajini" in 2008. Since then, she was part of many successful films like "Ready", "Bol Bachchan" and "Housefull 2".

"I think I'M satisfied with the jobs which I'VE got. They have got become hit also. It isn't easy to come back from south to the north. Both audiences want several types of)( heroines. So it isn't find it irresistible is a straightforward task. Otherwise, everyone could be doing it," she said.

Even if any of her films don't be capable to do too well, Asin knows how one can take it in her stride.

"Only two of my films have had an ensemble cast. I'M proud and happy that I did those films as I formed many professional relationships with many stars. I'M sure thon there are better films ahead," she added.

Mostly all her Hindi films have generated success at the box office success. But she laughs it off and says her presence in a film doesn't guarantee moolah.

"I don't give any guarantee. But it surely has all been successful so far, way to god's grace. But I'VE no set formula. I work with teams who I LOVE to work with. I FEEL that's the formula. Generally I CHOOSE universally appealing and fun scripts," she said.

Asin's new film ""Khiladi 786", co-starring Akshay Kumar, will hit the screens Dec 7. That is her second film with the star and Asin says she shares a snug rapport with him.

She is playing the role of a Marathi girl within the film.

"I am playing a Marathi character for the primary time. It isn't a mild character. It's a bit rough. The lady could be very confident, and the experience was fun," she said.