Thursday, May 24, 2012

Fighting over Bhanwari Devi

Fighting over Bhanwari Devi
Makers of 2 separate films at the murder victim threaten to sue one another for hijacking the concept

Two producers have engaged themselves in a confrontation. Both are doing a movie on Bhanwari Devi, a victim of sexual assault and murder from Rajasthan, Nikhil Tonk and Ranjeet Sharma at the moment are in a race to be credited because the original maker.

Tonk, who has registered the title for his film says, “If another person tries to race ahead by creating a smaller project, then I’m not likely to let anyone derail my project.

I’ve already spoken to the film associations against the others.” In fact, Tonk gets right into a threatening mode as he adds, “So if anyone tries to jeopardise my film, I’ll care for the individual (s) appropriately, and legally.”

Meanwhile Ranjeet Sharma, who has started shooting his film with Sadhika Randhawa seems prepared for any legal hurdle.

“I’ve replied to a notice I got from the Jat community in Rajasthan, who claimed that their sentiments can be hurt if this film is made. I replied stating that I’m making the film in line with the incidents and court’s observations at the case, ” he asserts.

He states, “To make a movie on any real person, you want permissions from the family. I’ve got all of the required documents from Bhanwari’s husband Amarchand and their lawyers.

Besides, her son Sahil will play the nature of Bhanwari’s son in my film. If need be, I’ll get Bhanwari’s family to sue the opposite producers who start making their films on her.”

Courtesy: Mid-Day.com