Thursday, May 24, 2012

Chitrangada, Ayushmann excited to host IIFA Rocks

Chitrangada, Ayushmann excited to host IIFA Rocks
VJ-turned-actor Ayushmann Khurrana and actress Chitrangada Singh are set to show host of IIFA Rocks, a way and music night, to be held in Singapore as a part of the 13th International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) weekend and awards and the duo is very excited.

"I haven't done anything like that before, something that (Ayushmann) does very well. I'M so glad that he's with me on stage. I DO KNOW he's going to deal with the entire times I slip-up while hosting the show," Chitrangada told reporters Wednesday at PVR Director's Cut in Ambience Mall Vasant Kunj here.

Though Ayushmann has anchored various shows, he's excited that he could be sharing the stage with the actress he has admired for long.

"It slightly awkward moment whilst you meet an individual you locate extremely good-looking, you notice that person right in front of you in real flesh and blood. She is an actress of all seasons," quipped Ayushmann, who's riding high at the success of his debut film "Vicky Donor".

"This goes to be my first time at IIFA. I'VE hosted many shows before but that is the most important of all. I WILL keep it spontaneous. I DON'T BELIEVE I WILL BE functioning on stage but I'D sing," he added.

IIFA Rocks is held an afternoon before the principle awards ceremony. Organised by Wizcraft International Entertainment, the IIFA Weekend and awards could be held in Singapore June 7-9.

Those functioning at the rage and musical night include Mika Singh, Neha Dhupia and music composer duo Vishal-Shekhar. Singers Usha Uthup, Hariharan and Leslie Lewis will celebrate 100 years of Indian cinema at the event.

Sonu Sood's cop drama "Maximum" could be showcased on the event. Directed by Kabeer Kaushik, it also stars Neha and Naseeruddin Shah.

Filmmaker Dibaker Banerjee's political thriller "Shanghai" may have its world premiere on the IIFA Weekend.

"I am thrilled that my film can be premiered in Singapore. It's an event where all of the glitter, all of the goodness of Bollywood come together. I see it as something positive. It shows that Bollywood has a big heart and it has got a spot for everybody," said the filmmaker.

The event will even have fashion shows by designers Varun Bahl, Suneet Verma and Masaba.

"My collection can be super glamorous, I'M trying bling for the first actual time. I'M really waiting for the show," said Masaba.

Varma added: "It's my 25th year on the earth of style and it is a wonderful option to celebrate it with Bollywood."

His collection 'The Eternal Lightness of Being, to Love, to Hold, to Kiss' might be presented in association with Gitanjali Jewels.