Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Cocktail with Deepika

Cocktail with Deepika
Deepika Padukone returns with "Cocktail" and clarifies that both her character within the forthcoming film and the theme of the movie are different from what people saw in her 2009 hit "Love Aaj Kal".

The doubts concerning the similarity between the 2 films and her character arose after the primary promos of "Cocktail" came out! She has teamed up with Saif Ali Khan in "Cocktail", that's written by Imtiaz Ali and directed by Homi Adajania. Model Diana Penty also features in it.

"The minute people see Saif and me together, they're going to take into accounts 'Love Aaj Kal'. Yes, of course, Imtiaz has written the script, but it is directed by Homi Adajania who had earlier made 'Being Cyrus'," Deepika told reporters here Wednesday.

"Yes, this is a love story, but it surely may be about friendship, betrayal, fun and trust. So I BELIEVE with regards to the film, it's very, very different," she insisted.

The promos show Deepika, who plays Veronica within the film, mouthing some bold dialogues.

She clarified: "I'M REALLY NOT the film's writer. The dialogues were written in response to the nature that i'm playing. Veronica is an overly confident girl. She may be very self-assured."

Why did she she decide to play Veronica?

" 'Love Aaj Kal' was an overly different role for me. On this film, I USED TO BE offered both the jobs. My producer Dino (Dinesh Vijan) was kind enough to supply me both the jobs. He said that you simply choose which one you wish to have.

I took it as a challenge and Imtiaz (Ali) also suggested to me that since Meera from 'Love Aaj Kal' is so very similar to the opposite character within the film, it might be interesting for me to play Veronica," said the 26-year-old.

"I am so glad I went with that because when the trailer released two days ago, the response have been fantastic. What individuals are also reacting to is the truth that they've not seen me play something like this or seem like this on-screen," she added.

"Cocktail" is scheduled for a July 13 release.