Monday, May 28, 2012

I don’t compare myself with Freida: Tena Desae

I don`t compare myself with Freida: Tena Desae
Model-turned-actress Tena Desae, who featured in British comedy-drama "THE MOST EFFICIENT Exotic Marigold Hotel", shared screen space with Dev Patel within the film but says it isn't justified to match her to Freida Pinto as their working styles are different.

"I don't compare myself with Freida Pinto. She has come some distance. She does only films within the West. I'M open to do both - Indian films and movies from the West," Tena told.

The common link between Tena and Freida is that the latter also made her international debut with British movie "Slumdog Millioniare" and her co-star was Dev Patel.

Directed by John Madden, known for steering Oscar winning movie "Shakespeare In Love", "THE MOST EFFICIENT Exotic Marigold Hotel" also starred Judi Dench and Bill Nighy. It released her May 13 and earned rave reviews.

"After doing this film, I'VE realised that there's no language for cinema. Do not be surprised should you all see me in numerous types of cinema," said Tena.

However, getting the film was not a cake walk for the Bangalore girl.

"Before I got the role, I needed to give three long auditions. First, in front of the casting director, then with John Madden after which with the film's producer and Madden again. But, it went off smoothly. John's an excellent guy," she said.

Tena debuted in Hindi films with "Yeh Faasle", which also starred Anupam Kher, in 2011.