Thursday, May 24, 2012

Emraan Hashmi in a Yash Raj Film?

Emraan Hashmi in a Yash Raj Film?
Actor Emraan Hashmi says he doesn't need to be part of any particular list of actors as he doesn't wish to get 'bracketed'

With the new string of hits from 'Once Upon A Time In Mumbai', 'Murder 2', 'The Dirty Picture' to 'Jannat 2' added to his track record, Emraan is being regarded as a bankable star.

"I never desired to be a part of any list of actors, I'VE always been working in projects that I ASSUMED in. And that i wouldn't love to be a part of any list, I rather walk my very own path and do the type of films that I NEED to. I DO NOT wish to be bracketed, " Emraan said in an interview.

With offers coming from biggies like Karan Johar and Yash Chopra, Emraan seems to have moved into the large league alongside Shahrukh Khan, Salman Khan, Aamir Khan and Ranbir Kapoor.

"I have great respect for these production houses. I'M more than happy that everybody is now understanding my cinema, my standing as mainstream, which for me is a huge thing, " Emraan said.

Reportedly, the film with Karan Johar goes to be directed by Rensil D'Silva and the only with Yash Chopra by Parmeet Sethi.

When asked about signing films with big production houses, Emraan says, "Right now, I DO NOT have the desire to make any announcement so far as that film goes or some other film goes. There is not any formal announcement but I'VE BEEN chatting with producers.

As and once they will make the announcement, then there'll be launch after which everyone would know."

Rumour mills were abuzz that Emraan has rejected the movie with Yash Chopra because he didn't have dates for the role. However the actor has neither denied nor confirmed this gossip. "I WILL NOT speak about it. I WILL NOT reveal anything. I discuss films that I'VE signed, " Emraan said.

Although Emraan started his career with some bold and controversial films, he has slowly and steadily managed to make his mark in B-town. "As I always wanted my films to achieve out to bigger element of audience. Now there's a big change as my forms of films are showing good numbers and i'm more than happy about that, " he said.

But then did he ever aspire to do a movie for Yash Chopra and Karan Johar and pat comes the reply, "I aspired to work in good films with good subjects, good roles. I'VE always gauged films on subject level. And with these producers, whenever they'll announce the films, they are going to achieve this.

Obviously, I REALLY LIKE the movies that they make. This is a great combination because the more or less cinema I do and so they do, so it merges together and something interesting comes out. And this is a great team, " he said.

Courtesy: Mid-Day.com