Thursday, May 24, 2012

Deepika eager about Karan Johar’s birthday bash

Deepika excited about Karan Johar`s birthday bash
Ace filmmaker Karan Johar plans to usher in his 40th birthday with a bang and Deepika Padukone says it's one of the vital eagerly awaited bashes of B-Town.

Karan, probably the most successful filmmakers in Bollywood, will turn 40 Friday.

"It's like a large event in our calendar. Everyone have been planning for it for a long time - like who's wearing what, who's doing hair and who's doing make up?" Deepika told reporters.

"It goes to be a large event. I'M more than happy for him. He's someone I'M extremely keen on and that i think it's his energy... the minute you're with him he just makes you're feeling so happy and light-hearted. He makes you feel so young, " she added.

As per reports, Aditya Chopra, Shah Rukh Khan and his wife Gauri Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Ekta Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor, the Bachchans, Salman Khan, Aamir Khan, Ayan Mukerji, Karan Malhotra, Tarun Mansukhani, Puneet Malhotra, Shakun Batra, among others, are expected to return for the bash.

Deepika met Karan while shooting for Farah Khan's "Om Shanti Om". It was her first Hindi film and he or she had teamed up with Karan's friend Shah Rukh in it.

"I remember meeting Karan once I was doing 'Om Shanti Om'. Farah and Shah Rukh introduced me to Karan and that i remember how warm he was towards... he encouraged me once I came into this industry and because of such people, who supported me so much, I'M here today, " she said.