Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Siddharth is back in Mumbai

Siddharth is back in Mumbai
By Subhash K Jha

After a big impact in Rang De Basanti Siddharth have been busy together with his South Indian assignments. He's back on Mumbai with a riotous role in David Dhawan’s Chashme Buddoor.

“At the instant I’m doing films in four languages Tamil, Telugu, English and Hindi. That’s damn exciting for an actor who always complains concerning the quality of labor offered to him. Mera number aa gaya.

I am in Mumbai when Mumbai wants me. Nothing substantial was offered to me. After I am in Mumbai I'M asked about my 6-pack. Every young actor in Bollywood has started looking the similar. That’s scary.

The only way I AM GETTING work in Mumbai is that if the A-listers in Bollywood turn down films. I USED TO BE the 17th actor approached for Rang De Basanti. I USED TO BE probably the 17, 000th option for Midnight’s Children. I'M lucky Deepa was in Mumbai long enough to listen to about me, ” says Siddharth with brutal candour.

Siddharth plays the part that Ravi Bawsani had enacted in Sai Paranjpye’s Chashme Buddoor.

“And would you suspect it, Ravi Baswani and that i went to the similar college!Though he was much too senior for me to understand him. But Ravi could be very dear to me as an actor. I’m paying a homage to him. My co-star Divyendu Sharma who's one of the vital brilliant actors I’ve worked with, could also be from the similar college. ”

Siddharth thinks the 2 versions of Chashme Buddoor are an international apart. “I’d never dare to match David’s and Sai Paranjye’s Chashme Buddoor. I didn’t bring to mind Sai’s film even once. There’s no connection between the 2.

It was an excessively liberating experience for me. In Indian cinema it’s impossible to create a graph for a hero’s character since the leading man does everything. The inconsistencies of the Indian film-hero are daunting.

But I had great fun with my character in Chashme Buddoor. My friends have seen me having fun. But on screen I’ve never gone to this level of letting-go. IT'S NOT THAT I AM a director’s actor.

In India that may be in a different way of claiming the actor does nothing, just comes at the sets and asks, ‘Character ka naam kya hai?’I’ve my very own elaborate technique of approaching a job. But with David and Deepa I surrendered completely. It might have otherwise been impossible to do two such contrasting roles simultaneously. ”

Siddharth says he did Chashme Buddoor for a lark. “David and i've been desiring to interact for some time. While earlier projects didn’t materialize we became friends. Luckily for me within six months I started working with Deepa Mehta and David Dhawan.

They are the 2 completely contrasting ‘D’ factors in my life. Both are so pleased with the craft. I just needed to go on both the sets and surrender myself to the director. While one was serious business the opposite was fun all of the way. ”