Thursday, July 26, 2012

Whatever Aamir touches turns to gold: Uday Chopra

Whatever Aamir touches turns to gold: Uday Chopra
Actor Uday Chopra hopes Aamir Khan's Midas touch works for the third "Dhoom" franchise.

Aamir plays the bad man in "Dhoom 3", to be able to see Abhishek Bachchan and Uday reprising their roles as Jai Dixit and Ali, respectively.

"Now the pressure is on Aamir. With Aamir, whatever he touches turns to gold and with him in a brand like 'Dhoom', it makes it bigger than the rest. We're all excited, " Uday told.

The first two movies of the "Dhoom" series found stupendous success. While John Abraham played the conman within the first instalment, released in 2004, Hrithik Roshan took the baton for the 2006 film "Dhoom 2".

Apart from Aamir, the brand new entry within the "Dhoom" series is actress Katrina Kaif. Produced by Aditya Chopra, it's slated to release in 2013.

Uday, who's focussing more at the Hollywood wing of his home banner, have been preparing for the movie. He even ended up in an accident while practicing a motorbike stunt called 'stoppie', but he says he's fine now.

"I was shooting for 'Dhoom' at the motorcycle and that i sprained my leg. It wasn't that bad, " he said.

Other than this, he says he doesn't want to prepare much because he has played the role twice and is happy with it now.

"I'm growing my hair and doing my very own stunts. Luckily, I'VE done this role before, so I HAVEN'T GOT to do an excessive amount of of preparation. I just want to learn my lines and show up, " he said.

Jai and Ali has been sporting the similar look since "Dhoom" and "Dhoom 2" and can continue to take action within the next movie in addition. Abhishek says its important to stay to the unique characteristics in their parts.

"The film must cater to a select audience and has a devoted fan base. I DON'T BELIEVE 'Dhoom' should go distant from that. Jai and Ali cannot look totally different from what they've always looked, " he said.

"I are not looking for to lose the picture the audience has of Jai Dixit. If I come suddenly with a unique body and different clothes, Jai will lose his characteristics. Minor cosmetic changes are fine, but I WOULDN'T love to change Jai and Ali too much, " Abhishek said.