Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Item girl Mallika is dumped

Item girl Mallika is dumpedBy Subhash K Jha

Just 5 days to head before the discharge of Tezz and director Priyadarshan continues to be waging a do-or-die war against Mallika Sherawat’s item song that was shot and incorporated by producer Ratan Jain without the director’s permission or presence.

Priyan is decided to get the extraneous element out of his film. He has in truth lined up a gathering with Jain for Monday where Priyan is certain he’s get his way.

Says the director, “Tezz is my fifth film with Ratan Jain. I’ve never had this sort of an experience before with this producer. It isn’t as though I’m against item songs. I’ve had them before in my films. And I’ve nothing against Mallika Sherawat.

It’s just that this item number doesn’t fit into Tezz. It's been shot without me, my cinematographer or any member of my Tezz crew. The producer took choreographer Ganesh Acharya into confidence and shot the song.

It stands out like a sore thumb. I’d be embarrassed to have have this number in my film. This film has no scope for an item song. ”

Priyan says he has kind of got Jain to peer his viewpoint.

“We’ve a gathering on Monday where a last call could be taken, ” says Priyan confidently.

Ratan Jain has another story to inform. “I respect Priydarshan’s perspective. But I can’t see what the fuss is set. It’s just 2 ½ minutes initially of the film. Why is he so against it?

See, as a technician he understands that the object song is shot differently from the remainder of the film. However the audiences don’t care about this stuff.

To them it’s just an item song, to be enjoyed and quickly forgotten. I’m a producer and a businessman. I understand what sells. ”

So is Jain saying that Priyan’s determination to get the thing song out wouldn't prevail? The producer hesitates from answering the question outright. “Why is everyone so all for just the object song in Tezz? There’s a lot more to the film. ”

A source on the subject of Priyadarshan turns Jain’s question around to ask, “Why is he so occupied with keeping the article song when it doesn’t slot in? He can use it in another film. ”

This friend of Priyan insists that Mallika has to head. “She will just must find another film to bop in, ” says Priyan’s friend tersely.