Monday, April 30, 2012

Revealed: Cast of ‘Kai Po Che’ – 3 Mistakes Of My Life

Revealed: Cast of `Kai Po Che` - 3 Mistakes Of My LifeBy Subhash K Jha

Hours after Abhishek ‘Rock On’ Kapoor tweeted that he’s shooting Ka Po Che, a film adaptation of Chetan Bhagat’s bestseller The three Mistakes Of My Life, all of the country was abuzz with curiosity at the cast of the film.

Although there has been speculation at the matter and the film’s producers UTV have decided to expose the players later towards the release, one is excited to announce that the film’s three protagonists Govind, Ishaan and Omi are played by television actor Sushant Singh Rajput, MMS Ragini actor Raj Kumar Yadav and television actor Amit Sandh.

Apparently the 3 actors were chosen after an entire slew of newcomers—150 in all—were auditioned.

The three actors are currently in Gujarat in a start-to-finish schedule of the film.

Director Abhishek Kapoor says he isn’t at liberty to discuss the forged.

But for other details he reluctantly spread out. “We’re shooting in a spot called Vadnagar that's outside Ahmedabad.

We had some permission problems for shooting in Ahmedabad, so we chose this place which suits the novel’s vision. ”

Abhishek is mighty kicked about his return to direction. ‘It’s been three and a half years since I completed Rock On.

I’ve been engaged on scripts including the sequel to Rock On. But gosh, it feels good to be back behind the camera! I'M shooting with some wonderful actors who seem born to be playing their characters. ”

Abhishek feels Chetan Bhagat’s novels have a great visual quality.

“Not all novels, regardless of how successful, render themselves to screen adaptation. But 3 Mistakes Of My Life was simply waiting to head on screen.

I’m happy to be doing something different from Rock On. There has been no fun or challenge in returning to the similar characters in my very next film. ”

About his alleged fall-out with Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani Abhishek says, “We had creative difference over easy methods to take 3 Mistakes Of My Life to cinema.

I didn’t think Farhan suited the nature that he was going to play. However there’s no fall-out. I’m committed to do yet one more film with Farhan and Ritesh.

We’re doing the sequel to Rock On right once I finish Kai Po Che. The script for the Rock On sequel is complete. It's going to take the characters in an absolutely different mindscape. ”

At the instant Abhishek Kapoor’s mindscape is completely immersed in Kai Po Che. “I hope I live as much as the expectancies I created with Rock On. ”