Monday, April 30, 2012

Farah Khan swaps pants for skirts after TWO DECADES!

Farah Khan swaps pants for skirts after 20 years!After an opening of 20 years, Farah Khan again slips into frocks and skirts in her forthcoming film as an actor

In her forthcoming film where the choreographer-turned-director is making her acting debut, Farah Khan has swapped her trademark tunics and pants for frilly dresses and skirts.

Almost TWENTY YEARS since Farah last wore a dress, she talks about her sartorial style on this Sanjay Leela Bhansali film. “I stopped wearing dresses long ago.

I play a Parsi girl within the film and needed to wear stitched blouses with lace collars and long skirts. I'VE seen all my aunts wearing those dresses. It took me a while to get comfortable in them.”

Speaking about her comfort clothes, Farah says, “I love wearing loose jersey pants. They don't seem to be in any respect flattering but at the sets I MUST be in my flip-flops, lose pants and cotton shirts or kurtis. They're most comfortable to run around in.”

What would Farah be not caught dead in? Pat comes the reply, “With my weight, every dress can be objectionable.” But that wasn’t the case always.

She adds, “When I USED TO BE 47 kilos, I used to wear short minis and Sajid (brother, filmmaker Sajid Khan) could be running with a towel to hide me up. He can be like ‘you don't seem to be going out of the home on this tiny thing’.”

The blue belle

Farah was again and again spotted within the colour blue. “Blue is my favourite colour and so is red. After I took part in dance competitions, my costume was always in blue because it was my lucky colour. Even for my wedding I wore a blue and gold dress, ” she adds.

Courtesy: Mid-Day.com