Saturday, April 28, 2012

Ayushmann next is ‘Hamaara Bajaj’

Ayushmann next is `Hamaara Bajaj`Veejay-turned-actor Ayushmann Khurrana, whose debut film "Vicky Donor" is receiving rave reviews, says initially his image as an anchor obstructed his dream of turning into an actor.

"Initially, once I used to move for auditions, people used to mention that the anchor within you isn't leaving you. So, I WISHED to prove a point that i'm not anchoring, I'M acting," the 27-year-old said here.

Ayushmann also says his success as an actor comes as a surprise to many.

"We had a three-day theatre workshop with Professor N.K. Sharma in Delhi. It really helped me because I have been anchoring for many years. Everybody is definitely surprised that I WILL act," he said.

Directed by Shoojit Sircar, "Vicky Donor" deals with the problem of sperm donation and marks actor John Abraham's debut as a producer. It also stars TV actress Yami Gautam and Annu Kapoor.

Though Ayushmann has already bagged his second project "Hamaara Bajaj", another John Abraham production, he says he won't quit anchoring. But he'll certainly be more choosy about it.

"(The) Agenda is acting right now, but I WILL BE more selective in the case of anchoring on television," said Ayushmann, whose first tryst with showbiz came when he won the second one season of MTV "Roadies".

"But, I FEEL they're two very various things... like anchoring is speaking to the camera and acting is ignoring the camera... So I'M still learning the craft of acting," he added.