Friday, June 22, 2012

`The Amazing Irrfan` doesn`t brag

`The Amazing Irrfan` doesn`t brag
Irrfan might be leaving for LA this weekend for promoting 'The Amazing Spiderman'

Here’s a glimpse of him with director Marc Webb at the sets I do not like bragging

He is among the few Indian actors with international projects like "Slumdog Millionaire" and "THE SUPERB Spider-Man" to his credit, but actor Irrfan Khan doesn't believe in blowing his own trumpet. He says he hates the theory of bragging, and lets his work speak.

"The Amazing Spider-Man", wherein he plays Dr. Ratha, is about to release in India June 29, but Irrfan has hardly spoken about it.

Asked why, he said: "I DO NOT brag about it because I DO NOT like bragging. I hate bragging. I DO NOT enjoy bragging. Sometimes people have an attitude that bragging brings something to them, but I DO NOT wish to achieve anything from bragging. I DO NOT like that."

At a press conference here Thursday, sooner than the movie's release, Irrfan said he speaks only when important.

"I definitely do publicity for a movie where I BELIEVE it's necessary, where I'M enthusiastic about it, where I BELIEVE they want me... I AM GOING and do it. But I WANT to be in a situation, where I HAVEN'T GOT to do publicity for a movie and those understand there's something special about it themselves. The audiences aren't fools, they may be able to smell films," he said.

Some of Irrfan's earlier international projects have included "A Mighty Heart" and "The Darjeeling Limited" and American HBO show "In Treatment".

The actor, who won praises galore for his work in Hindi biopic "Paan Singh Tomar" about an athlete-turned-dacoit, has already cautioned fans concerning the length of his role within the" Amazing Spider-Man".

"I shouldn't have a lengthy role on this film. I did it as it was a experience for me. In Hollywood, they call it as a pivotal role because it moves the tale in some way, but I DON'T BELIEVE it is a very big role. For me, my presence is enough and that i enjoyed it," said the 45- year-old.

Directed by Marc Webb, the film also features Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone and Martin Sheen.

Courtesy: Mid-Day.com