Monday, June 25, 2012

Prachi happy to finally play her age

Prachi happy to finally play her age
'I, Me Aur Main' is an ideal opportunity for me to switch people's perceptions about me," says Prachi Desai who can be seen playing her age within the film. She adds that typically she have been offered roles older than her age.

" It's this type of vivacious role. I DON'T BELIEVE people have normally seen me like that. The film is an ideal opportunity for me to switch people's perceptions about me," she said.

Directed by debutant Kapil Sharma, John can be seen romancing five girls in "I, Me Aur Main". Prachi is one in all them.

She said: " 'I, Me Aur Main' is a contemporary film. I play a woman who's very young. She just comes into John's life and changes everything around him."

The young actress started her career because the lead in TV show "Kasamh Se", feels that the industry had a suite perception about her and that no-one desired to try her for brand spanking new roles. In keeping with her, she was always offered roles older to her.

"The cause of being offered roles much older than me was because that's the more or less role I had done on television. So, I guess, people desired to stick with that no-one. desired to experiment with me. They simply wanted to capitalise with what that they had seen me as," said the actress.

The 25-year-old made her big screen debut with "Rock On!" and later featured in "Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai", "Life Partner" and recently released "Teri Meri Kahaani".

Her next is Rohit Shetty's "Bol Bachchan". Releasing July 6, the film, which has Ajay Devgn and Abhishek Bachchan within the lead roles, is her first comedy and she or he is happy about it.