Friday, June 22, 2012

Let me dance and sing, says Adnan after divorce

Let me dance and sing, says Adnan after divorce
Pakistani singer Adnan Sami's divorce from his second wife Sabah Galadari has come through, and he's ecstatic and says he looks like breaking into the song "Kaaton se kheench ke yeh aanchal".

The Bombay High Court Tuesday finalised the divorce between Adnan and UAE citizen Sabah Galadari. It ends Adnan's three-year ordeal.

"It was probably the most bizarre three years of my life. This lady, who used to be my wife, have been dragging me to court with a wide variety of charges," said Adnan, adding that she filed for divorce within the high court and in addition appealed within the Islamic organisation - Darul Qaza, which has the authority to pronounce divorces.

"When this Islamic organisation asked me if I WISHED a divorce, I USED TO BE like, 'Neki aur pooch-pooch?' But strangely Sabah again asked the Family Court for a divorce. The Family Court didn't understand how to address this. So, we approached the high court," Adnan recalled.

"Finally, in the course of the hearing on the high court on Tuesday morning, the honourable judge wondered how Sabah had approached two legitimate organisations for a similar divorce and that as per law she had already received her divorce. And there the judge ended my three-year ordeal," he added.

Adnan, who's based here, is relieved and desires to make the most efficient of it.

"Let me dance and sing with my friends and family. This torture have been happening from February 2009.

My wife Roya Faryabi and I, and my mother have suffered so much...I had full faith in god and the Indian judiciary. I BELIEVE like throwing off my shoes like Waheeda Rehman in 'Guide' and singing 'Kaaton se kheench ke yeh aanchal'," he said.