Friday, June 22, 2012

`We all want Sanjay to get married`

`We all want Sanjay to get married`
Editor-turned-director Bela Sehgal, who feels there's no expiry date for marriage and narrates the similar story in her first directorial venture, says her family too wishes that filmmaker brother Sanjay Leela Bhansali gets married.

"Sanjay himself has written the film and that i feel it's for himself only. Of course, all of us want Sanjay to get married and find the best partner for himself. Eventually, everyone wants a companion of their old age. So why not, to have someone with whom you'll be able to share everything," Bela told.

Bhansali, who's 49 and still single, realises that the tale that he has written for his sister's directorial debut - "Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi" - is definitely happening in his own house.

"Sanjay is saying, 'My god, this problem is with my family and my mother.' My mom keeps saying him (Sanjay) please have this, do that and Sanjay is like, yes mamma..Yes mamma.. It's there in each family and in my film also."

Bela, who has edited her brother's all films except "Saawariya" and "Guzaarish", has made "Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi" with Farah Khan and Boman Irani within the lead and says she loves experimenting and took it as a challenge.

"I am like this. I LOVE to take challenges and experiment with my characters. It isn't done for experimenting. I always had this thing in my mind that folks can fall in love at any age. This can be a subject that's a discussion in each house -- get married, get married, (umar beeth jayegi)," she said.

"Even my brother isn't married. To get married is the perennial thing in every family and this film will give hope to 40-plus people who find themselves not married. It will probably happen in any age. There's no expiry date for this," she added.

"Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi'" is slated for a Aug 24 release.