Tuesday, June 26, 2012

`I hold record of twenty-two films with new directors`

`I hold record of 22 films with new directors`
Boman Irani worked in Rajkumar Hirani's first film "Munnabhai M.B.B.S" and recently teamed with Rajesh Mapuskar for his debut vehicle "Ferrari Ki Sawaari". The talented actor, known for his comic roles, says he hasn't ever hesitated to work with newcomers in his decade-long career.

"I hold a record. I'VE done 22 films with new directors. There are various more young directors in the market. I WILL NOT be accused of working with only the massive guns," Boman told.

Praising Mapuskar, he said: "For a primary time director, that is a superior film. The man is pressing the appropriate button and supplying you with the right space and that's direction. Above all, he's a fantastic director and an excellent human being."

With over 60 films to his credit, Boman feels comfortable in his space and doesn't get cold feet before the discharge of his films.

"I think I'M too old to get nervous now. I AM GETTING more excited like a kid. What's done is completed. You are able to do nothing about it now," he said.

He successfully played an agitated professor in "Munnabhai MBBS" and an over-confident science professor in "3 Idiots". The success of the flicks has raised fans' expectations from him, however the 52-year-old has no plans to set any milestone for himself.

"We didn't do 'Munnabhai' or '3 Idiots' keeping milestones in my mind. What people expect and believe is their birth right," he said.

The actor says that "Ferrari Ki Sawaari" has drained him emotionally.

"For, me like anyone else, I DON'T want to get misunderstood in my endeavour. The film has taken so much out of me. It was the emotionality within the film that drained me completely," Boman said.

After "Ferrari Ki Sawaari", Boman could be seen romancing Farah Khan in "Shirin Farad Ki Toh Nikal Padi" when it hits theatres Aug 24.