Saturday, March 24, 2012

‘I love being a March baby’

`I love being a March baby`"I am thankful to God for four things. First of all, I LIKE being a March baby. It's spring season in Himachal Pradesh in March, when the weather's perfect and the valleys are stuffed with flowers. I BELIEVE great to think that I was born amidst such natural beauty.

Secondly, I USED TO BE born on a Sunday, that is my favourite day of the week. I'M also grateful that i'm blessed with an excellent height. Last but not the least, I'M thankful to God that he kept acting in my destiny," says actor Kangana Ranaut who celebrates her 25th birthday tomorrow. CS caught up with the girl for a chat:

Party plans My parents could have a pooja at home within the morning. It's like a family tradition. Lunch may be an elaborate affair, with my mother making all my favourite dishes. Within the evening, I CAN host a cocktail party for my friends.

I intend to have a blast over good food, music and dance. I got myself a brand new dress from Paris recently. I'LL BE wearing that with minimal accessories.

I do not believe any girl outgrows the idea of getting new clothes on her birthday. We all remember the beautiful frocks we got on our birthdays.

No gifts please! I am very finicky about clothes, shoes and jewelry. I always buy stuff as per my choice. And that i don't wear things that do not match my taste.

For example, if someone gifts me a dress, I CAN see it and need that the prints on them were in blue in preference to pink. So, these kinds of gifts lie unused at my place. I THINK very bad afterwards because people spend some huge cash on buying them. I DO NOT want gifts because I DO NOT want to be unhappy later on.

Down memory lane As a child, I grew up in a joint family. All our celebratory occasions were all about food. My mom used to make six-seven items with desserts, and my aunts cooked some more dishes.

My birthday always fell in the course of the school vacations, which meant that almost all of my friends were out of town with their families. I DID NOT have many kiddie parties. I also missed out at the customary distributing of sweets/toffees in class.

I love chocolate cake. But I always find the cake cutting part somewhat embarrassing. I'M okay with the theory of quietly cutting the cake and feeding people, but blowing the candles, with 50 people clapping around me gives me the blushes till date (laughs out loud).

Courtesy: Mid-Day.com