Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Collection of girls hugged and kissed me in US: Mika

Number of girls hugged and kissed me in US: MikaAfter Subah Hone Na De from Desi Boyz, singer Mika is now riding high at the success of Pungi Baja Ke.

"It is my dream to sing for Amitabh Bachchan this year. After singing for Akshay Kumar (Singh is Kinng) and Salman Khan (Dhinka Chika), Big B could be icing at the cake," says the powerful performer. In a freewheeling interview, he talks to CS about music, his bad boy image and brother Daler:

Pritam pyaare While I'VE had a successful association with Pritam, I won't say that i'm his favourite singer. He has an excellent knack for selecting the precise singer for a song. Today, we see many music directors singing the title track of a movie.

Playback singers are left with the second, third or fourth song of the film. But Pritamda gives wonderful songs to even new singers. Just see the more or less hits singers like Aatif Aslam, Rahat Fateh Ali Khan and Mohit Chauhan have delivered with Pritam, and you may know what I'M talking about.

Hit and hot I started out as a pop singer, and made my entry into Bollywood in 2007. After the debate in 2006, I MADE UP MY MIND to stick clear of TV shows and print interviews, and only do something about work.

Now, with songs like Apni Toh Jaise Taise, Ibn Batuta, Pyaar Do Pyaar Lo and Subah Hone Na De in my kitty, people perceive me differently.

In fact, I also did a Bengali song, Paglu, which has become a rage in West Bengal. You do not become famous by just singing for superstars, it's a must to installed hard work. I installed numerous labour, and it's now showing off.

Fan mania I am glad that women loved Subah Hone Na De from Desi Boyz. At a contemporary concert, I needed to repeatedly sing the song for one full hour, because the girls requested for it over and over. Women also like my song Saajna from Lamhaa, that's a tragic love song.

My fans never had an issue with me. Recently, I went to the US, where quite a few girls hugged and kissed me. I REALLY LIKE this sense of ownership that my fans have for me. They make me feel like a superstar.

Love you, bro My brother Daler have been my idol and hero throughout. I took up music as a result of him. He taught me how one can win over fans and be a real performer. He always told me that there are lots of singers who sing well, but it surely is purely versatility and performing abilities that can help you retain your fans over an extended time.

Courtesy: Mid-Day.com