Friday, March 23, 2012

How Prachi Desai went from an unsightly duckling to a hot chick

How Prachi Desai went from an ugly duckling to a hot chickSummer is the season to flaunt those printed dresses, trendy glares and funky sandals. "Mumbai's heat in conjunction with its humidity is really attending to me," says Prachi Desai. The young actor who's known for her 'bubbly' image talks to CS about her summer wardrobe and evolving fashion sense:

Fashion and me Fashion for me is all about following the most recent trends, while retaining my personal style statement. We work in a glamorous industry, and being updated on fashion is part of our job.

As much as I LOVE experimenting with what's in vogue, I follow three basic rules. I make certain that the garments suit me and my personal style statement. Also, I LOVE to decorate as per the occasion and weather.

Making the cut When I entered into the industry, I USED TO BE just out of school with zero knowledge of glamour and fashion. My concepts about fashion were pretty immature. I got a large number of flak from the media as well.

In fact, probably the most comments were downright nasty. Then, it dawned on me that I always had to look good and glamorous on this profession.

After my debut in Rock On, I learnt so much about dressing throughout observation and experimentation. Though I'M REALLY NOT a manner diva now, I'VE definitely evolved since that time.

Chic smart Smart, casual and elegant best describe my fashion sense. I REALLY LIKE short dresses, shorts and skirts. Floral prints, pastel colours and smart casuals are my favourites.

Thankfully, my body type is such that it allows me to wear what I LOVE without making me look awkward. Summer allows me to flaunt my favourite outfits in a modern manner.

Block it This season, I'VE picked up dresses in white and pastel shades, in addition to numerous block print dresses. Block prints are really on this season. The contrast of bright and dull colours cause them to hot.

Sport these block prints with trendy glares or a corpulent neckpiece and also you are good to head. Coral is the color for me this season, aside from the perennial white. Last year, I had a yellow fixation.

Coral is a contented and colourful colour and possible never get it wrong with it. I got myself white linen pants that look classy, and are comfy to boot. I'M also very desirous about flaunting my white, yellow and blue dress.

Courtesy: Mid-Day.com