Monday, March 26, 2012

CID producer is the oldest acting debutant as Saif’s RAW boss

CID producer is the oldest acting debutant as Saif`s RAW boss By Subhash k Jha

At age 62, B. P Singh the producer of the record-breaking television series CID, has made his debut as an actor. Singh plays Saif Ali Khan’s boss on the RAW (Research & Analysis Wing) in Agent Vinod.

Shy to talk of venturing into a wholly known arena at this age Singh says, “Sriram whom I’ve known for a few years kept saying he’d cast me in his film. I didn’t take him seriously. I USED TO BE surprised when he actually called me for this role. I USED TO BE within the US at the moment. I rushed back to listen to what Sriram had in mind. ”

Singh thought it could just be a cameo. “But I’ve an excellent 6-7 scenes with Saif. I USED TO BE hesitant about tips on how to approach the role. Everyone within the cast was more matured than me. After I saw the film I though I could’ve done a lot better. ”

Singh is open to other acting offers. “Though I can’t see myself being cast in anything conventional at my age. ”

He is currently within the 15th year of manufacturing CID, probably the most successful show of all time. “I don’t know the way we did it for thus long, In 15 years audiences’ tastes have changed. Kids don’t love to watch television any more.

And still there’s come connectivity with the changing profile of television audiences that’s kept the show on air. I'M lucky to have a team of actors, directors and writers who've kept CID going. ”

Now the show is able to visit another level. A feature film in accordance with the longest-running serial is at the anvil. The film have been in the pipeline for just about three years. But now it’s able to take off, way to certain concrete developments.

Informs B. P. Singh, “Sony who own the rights for the serial at the moment are going to supply the film version of CID. That’s a large step forward within the making of the film. If the copyright holders of the serial produce the feature we will be able to go ahead with the film without any hindrances. ”

The film will feature the similar cast of lead actors because the series. Singh desires to usher in a A-lister Bollywood star because the villain in the film version of CID.

Apparently Sony has allocated a restricted budget for the feature film.

Says Singh, “We must work our way across the budget allocated. That might include the charges of a giant star who will play the antagonist. But we’re going ahead with the film now. ”

Singh’s parting-shot, “Someone suggested I should do a remake of the Guru Dutt film CID. Why should we do someone else’s CID after we we've got our own?”