Friday, March 23, 2012

I still get jitters before my first shot: Mithun

I still get jitters before my first shot: MithunAfter spending over three decades within the film world, actor Mithun Chakraborty says he still gets as jittery in the course of the first shot of any movie as he did on the time of his first film.

"As an actor, for me each day is a primary day. Even today after I give my first shot for a movie I THINK jittery," the 61-year-old said here.

"It can be wrong if I say that I USED TO BE confident before the shoot. The primary shot in any film, I AM GETTING the similar feeling as I did in my first film," he added.

Mithun will soon be seen in Sajid Khan's "Housefull 2". The promotions for the film are on full throttle.

While many might imagine promotions should be extensive, Mithun feels otherwise.

"Promotion is required, (but) over promotion isn't required. It is very important tell people who a movie is coming.

"During our days we used posters to promote our film, but today you (journalists) are there, it's quicker, people get to understand about it soon. But for me personally, doing anything over (in an over-the-top way) isn't done," he said.

Mithun plays Zarine Khan's father within the film, which also features veteran actors Randhir Kapoor and Rishi Kapoor.

The movie's cast also includes Shazahn Padamsee, Jacqueline Fernandez, Asin Thottumkal, Akshay Kumar, Riteish Deshmukh, John Abraham, Shreyas Talpade and Boman Irani.

The film is ready to release April 5.