Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I’m ready for an additional innings in action: Akshay Kumar

I`m ready for another innings in action: Akshay KumarAkshay Kumar took a well-thought break from kicking and boxing in films, but now could be back to the action genre with "Rowdy Rathore". The 'Khiladi' of Bollywood says he's absolutely geared for the brand new innings.

"It's been some two to 3 years that I'VE stayed clear of action movies. This is because when my son (Aarav) was two years old, I USED TO BE scared that what if something happened to me…that's why I USED TO BE off action," Akshay said here Monday night.

The 44-year-old established himself because the 'khiladi' of Bollywood way to a slew of daredevil stunts in action films like "Khiladi", "Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi", "Waqt Hamara Hai" and "Mohra".

Starting 2000, he tried his comic timing within the hit movie "Hera Pheri", and others like "Garam Masala", "Phir Hera Pheri", "Bhagam Bhaag", "Welcome", "Singh Is Kinng", "Housefull" and "Tees Maar Khan".

But with "Rowdy Rathore", directed by Prabhu Deva, he promises to be back within the 'khiladi' avatar.

"Every father would understand the emotion behind the verdict of withdrawing from action because nothing else matters for fogeys than the children's happiness and well-being.

"But now my son is nine years old. God forbid if something happens to me, he can do something… So I'M back to action, and absolutely ready for one more innings," said Akshay, who adorns the quilt of the newest issue of Stardust magazine.

For now the actor is busy promoting Sajid Khan's "Housefull 2", releasing April 5.