Friday, March 30, 2012

Convincing my father for Bollywood was difficult: Amrita Puri

Convincing my father for Bollywood was difficult: Amrita Puri 'Aisha' girl Amrita Puri, who's playing the lead in upcoming film 'Blood Money' opposite Kunal Khemu, says convincing her banker father for a Bollywood career was tough

"I don't come from a filmy background. It took me two years to convince my father. That was the hard part because I DIDN'T need to do it without his support.

Once he agreed it took me good three years of struggle to succeed in where I'M today," Amrita told in an interview.

The days of struggle are still fresh in Amrita's mind as she awaits the response to her second release this Friday.

"I have spent numerous time hopping from one audition to a different. Sometimes the group would spill at the road and we'd be standing and looking forward to our call.

This phase may be very difficult. I'VE numerous respect for newcomers since you do desire a lot of courage for this," Amrita says.

Her role of a center class girl looking to break into the sector of rick people in 'Aisha' generated numerous praise but it surely didn't immediately translate right into a good role.

Amrita sat at home for nearly a year after that once". I USED TO BE doing 'Aisha' I USED TO BE getting a large number of supporting roles but I told myself that my next film should be a lead as it is a distinct experience while you play the lead.

It provides you with much more responsibility. I DIDN'T wish to accept something which didn't convince me."

Amrita, 24, plays a sweet wife, whose husband's involvement in illegal diamond trade takes a toll on their relationship in 'Blood Money'.

The youngster says that her character in 'Blood Money' goes through various changes inside the film.

"I have an excessively nice character graph. I play an excessively sweet girl. She is an excessively black and white character but her personality goes through a transformation when Kunal gets concerned about the diamond trade.

It affects their relationship and he or she gets isolated and withdrawn but she is a sturdy woman. I enjoyed doing the role," said Amrita and added that working with Kunal was fun.

"He have been doing films since he was very young. His craft may be very sharp. He was very helpful at the sets.